Archive for the ‘Rachael Ray’ Category The Best News I’ve Heard All Week


Rachael Ray had surgery last week to remove a benign cyst from her vocal cords. Actually, the best news I could have heard all week would have been that the surgeon sneezed during a critical phase of operating and accidentally severed her vocal cords altogether. But, since she hasn’t been rendered speechless, at least she’ll stop sounding like a fisher cat in heat. Or Brooke Hogan trying to sing.

Feel better soon, Rachael!Remember when everyone got all Mia Farrow-ish and wanted to adopt babies from other countries? It really was the hippest trend until IVF twins appeared on the scene. Well now there is a new game in town: talking about how skinny Jessica Simpson is.

Stupid Rachael Ray, while attending a Food Network event, hitched her star onto the Flab-gate bandwagon and blabbed to People about the svelteness of Simpson:

“I wish I could be as thin as Jessica Simpson. I think she looks gorgeous! I have had Jessica on my show several times, and I can tell you that girl is genuine and funny with a great self-deprecating sense of humor. All of the hoopla about her weight was because of the fit of her jeans. In reality, she is a tiny, slip of a woman.”

Seriously, can we move on to some new “thing” that is totally cool to do? Because I couldn’t get my mind around Uggs, I couldn’t get my mind around $200 headbands and I can’t get my mind around praising Jessica Simpson’s ass. I just can’t. Sorry that posting has been slow/non-existent so far today. No, I didn’t decide to sleep in really, really late. Actually, I got up bright and early and met Evil T to be in the audience for a taping of the Rachael Ray show.

I have to admit, I was skeptical about the whole thing. I’ve never been a huge Rachael Ray fan, but T was so excited about it, and it was sweet of her to invite me, so I woke up earlier than I have since I moved to New York, took the F over to 42nd street and then walked like 20 blocks to the Rachael Ray studios, on 42nd and 3rd ave (I haven’t quite mastered the NYC subways yet).

To be honest, watching Rachael Ray was like the least fun part of it. Mostly because I don’t care much about her. But the comedian who kept the audience alert and laughing was fantastic, the staff was great, and, after Rachel cooked her meal of chicken and broccoli, she brought it right over to me and T!!!! So we got to sit there eating yummy home cookin’ while the rest of the audience looked on jealously. Woo hoo! Plus — the portion of the studio where the audience sits actually spins, so we can watch Rachael on all the sets. The spinning was awesome.

Anyway, I’m back home now, and we’ll get to the gossip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment